To pin or not-to-pin? Let's be honest—pinterest holds many gems, but pieces of coal can oftentimes be found hiding among the jewels. The purpose of this blog is to help you determine which pins are worth trying at home, and which ones you should probably avoid. I have designated myself as the guinea pig. Now your experimental pinning days can be worry-free! Happy Pinning!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Fortune Stars


I saw these cute stars on pinterest a few months ago and pinned them onto my never-ending list of do-it-yourself crafts...My first thought was that they would be cute in a bowl on my coffee table, but I was worried that mine wouldn't turn out as perfect and quaint. Those are small stars! And origami has never been my forte. Despite my doubts, I shared the link with my little sister who decided to start making them by the dozen. With my wedding coming up, we provided her with cute paper in my colors and I somehow was lucky enough to end up with hundreds of adorable paper stars to sprinkle on the tables at my wedding reception.

Though I haven't actually attempted these on my own yet, my sister and I share an equal level of artistic genes, and after a few trial stars she was a pro. She assures me that anyone with a tiny bit of patience can make them, and that you won't be disappointed. I'm pretty sure she made hers even smaller than the ones from pinterest...which means they would be even easier if you used bigger paper! To be honest, I think hers turned out cuter than the originals...


Click Here for the instructions!

Here's the catch though—we didn't include any fortunes in our stars, and I can imagine they would be slightly harder to fold up if there was an additional piece of paper floating around inside. Once again though, if you use bigger pieces of origami paper, this problem won't be an issue.

Here's a picture of a few my sister made for my wedding!
Rating: 

Difficulty: 



3 comments:

  1. Way cool! Where's the instructions on how do to these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I need to put the links in these posts to the original sites! It's in the post now :)

    ReplyDelete